Register Your Attendance by completing a CONNECTION CARD ONLINE
10:30 AM WORSHIP –The worship service is a casual service that weaves together historical elements of worship with various styles of music (e.g., classic hymns, top 100 contemporary songs, gospel songs, and spirituals) to create a service where people are:
- Rooted in the Biblical story
- Enjoy singing praise to God
- Connected to God and others
- Inspired by relevant teachings, and
- Authentic in their faith and practice
Worship leaders draw together elements from ancient biblical worship (for example, confessions, lectionary scriptures, litanies, responsive readings, unison prayers), the Reformed tradition – particularly the Protestant Reformation and Evangelical Renewal Movement – in an atmosphere of casual dress and relaxed customs. We affirm the Bible as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
HOLY ORDINANCES – We celebrate two sacred acts ordered by Jesus Christ:
- BELIEVER’S BAPTISM – Believer’s Baptism is the immersion of a person in the water – regardless of age – who receives Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and publicly professes faith to walk the Jesus way. The Council schedules baptisms on Sunday mornings throughout the year. Believers may be baptized in the church baptistry, in the river, a swimming pool, a pond, or a lake. Please contact the Minister if you would like to be baptized or come to the front of the Sanctuary during the last song in a worship service.
- THE LORD’S SUPPER – The Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion is celebrated on the first Sunday of each month and on special occasions. We practice Open Communion, which means all persons of faith, regardless of age, race, gender, membership, denominational affiliation, or church tradition, are welcome to partake of the Table of the Lord. In solidarity with our struggling brothers and sisters, we use only non-alcoholic grape juice. Please hold each element until everyone is served. Then, we will feast together. Gluten-free wafers are available upon request.
Call the Church Office to speak with the Minister if you have concerns or questions or would like to schedule an appointment.