GIVE GENEROUSLY TO GOD THROUGH THE CHURCH – The church is a trustworthy, safe place to invest your precious resources in the work of God in the world. West Side Baptist Church is a registered not-for-profit religious charity 501(c)(3) in the United States of America. Gifts may be tax-deductible.
- Weekly Worship – Donors can give each week in worship by cash, check, or debit card. See the Church Treasurer to set up a reoccuring electonic fund transfer (EFT) for regular giving.
- Investment Income / Estates Gifts: contact the Church Office at (785) 233-4241 for easy instructions to transfer stocks, bonds, certificates, property, and other securities safely and securely to the Church as your donation.
- Secure Online SQUARE Store at https://west-side-baptist-church.square.site. You may visit the church’s secure, online store to donate to the general fund, give to mission projects, produce items, or to pay registration fees for programs and services.
- Required Minimum Distribution (RDMs) – this is an IRS-mandated amount of money that investors starting at age 72 must withdraw every year from their retirement savings accounts, including traditional IRAs, and employer-sponsored 401(k) and 403(b) plans. There is a tax advantage to you if you wish to make your tithe to the church from your RMD. Your tithe can be transferred directly from your IRA and is not considered federally taxable income for you. It’s like getting a deduction because while the distribution counts towards your RMD, it is not included in your gross income. The key is asking for the amount of the transfer to go directly to West Side Baptist Church and not to you as the “middle man”. You should talk with your financial advisor if you are qualified for an RMD.
- Venmo – this online app makes it easy to give. Download the appplication (app) online at https://venmo.com or in the App Store. Sign up or sign in, and give. Click on the QR code below:
Annual Mission Offering – We cooperate in mission advocacy and support through the America Baptist Churches USA (ABCUSA).
- America for Christ Offering (April) -Your gifts to the America for Christ (AFC) Offering impact thousands – through ministries with marginalized children, mission trips that transform lives torn asunder by hurricanes, resources that cultivate Christian leaders, chaplains who bring comfort to hospitals and nursing homes, and much more – in North America and Puerto Rico. Learn more at http://abhms.org/afc. DONATE ONLINE
- One Great Hour of Sharing (June) – OGHS is our emergency relief disaster rehabilitation, refugee work and development assistance emergency relief disaster rehabilitation, refugee work and development assistance. Learn more at http://abc-oghs.org. DONATE ONLINE
- World Mission Offering (October) – Every September and October, congregations come together for a time of awareness, advocacy and action for global mission. Churches across the country celebrate and prayerfully – and financially – support the ministries that God is using to transform the world through International Ministries. Learn more at https://www.internationalministries.org/world-mission-offering. DONATE ONLINE
- Retired Ministers and Missionaries Offering (December) – The RMMO is a long-standing tradition established in 1977 which supports ministers, missionaries and their widowed spouses who have devoted 15 or more years of their lives to service in ABCUSA. Learn more at http://www.abc-usa.org/rmmo. DONATE ONLINE
The Bible teaches five irrefutable truths about the material world:
- OWNERSHIP: God owns everything. God created all things including everything seen and unseen. People are simply managers of God’s material world on God’s behalf (Genesis 1-3; Psalm 24:1; James 1:17).
- RESPONSIBILITY: God invites people to manage that which belongs to God. While God has graciously entrusted humans with the care, development, enjoyment, and protection of everything He owns, we are responsible to manage His holdings well and according to His desires and purposes (Genesis 1:28; 1 Corinthians 4:2; Colossians 3:23; 1 Peter 4:10, Titus 1:7).
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Good managers use the gifts and material possession entrusted to them for their Master’s glory, good, and benefit. God rewards or blesses good managers for the responsible, diligent, shrewd, and multiplying work they do as we hear in Jesus’ story of the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30; Colossians 3:23-24)
- RECIPRICALLY: God gives graciously and freely to all people. Humans are to recipricate – or give back to God – in the same manner that God gives to us: graciously, generously, sacrificially, cheerfully, and joyfully (Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 9).
- PREPORTIONALLY: God tells us to give a percentage of our income back to Him on a regular basis (percentage-based giving). Some churches encourage “tithing first-fruits” (giving the first 10% of one’s income) while others emphasis giving over-and-above the tithe known as the “grace of giving” (Genesis 14:20; Proverbs 3:9-10; Malachi 3:10; 1 Corithians 16:2; 2 Corinthians 8-9). The apostle Paul emphasised this point: “whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.” We encourage responsible, generous giving!